Monday 11 December 2017

"Home" Mixed Media Layout

Namaste Friends!!

This is Kriti and today I am back with a step-by-step tutorial of a mixed media layout.

I named it "Home--There's no place like". By writing this I just want to say that home is the starting place of love, hope and dreams. A place your feet may leave but your heart will always be. This is a place where love resides and memories are created. It is rightly said " A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it". That's why I say if, you go anywhere, even paradise, you will miss your home.


Have a look..




Lets see how I have created this..

Firstly I have collected few things like chipboard, gloss gel, white heavy gesso, modelling paste, few spray colours and some embellishments.

First cut the chipboard of size 6" x 4"  and apply soft gloss gel. After that cover the entire surface with white heavy gesso (I have used palette knife to apply the heavy gesso to give some texture).



Next I have applied modelling paste with the help of bubble stencil to give some more interesting texture.



Now the most interesting part, I have sprayed some water upside down so that colour can flow easily and then sprayed few colours. to give more interest I have first used light yellow, then dark yellow and lastly brown (All coloured were spayed upside down).



And now adhere all the embellishments and sentiment as per your creative thinking. I have stamped it also with bubble stamp and its ready.






I will surely frame this and put in my living room. So, If you want to beautify your home, don't sit and think about it. Go and get busy.

Hugs!!
Kriti Mishra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semi- finalist at Heartfelt Creations Design Team 2022(Please vote for me)

  Namaste Friends!! I am ve ry excited to a nnounce that I made it to the semi- finals of prestigious Heartfelt Creations Design Team 2022. ...